Prep time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins (plus cooling time)
- 175g (6oz) butter, softened
- 175g (6oz) caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 175g (6oz) self-raising flour, sifted
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 250g (9oz) tub mascarpone
- 2tbsp icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 6tbsp lemon curd
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/355°F/gas 4. Line 2 bun tins with 18 paper cases. Beat the butter, eggs, flour and sugar together using a wooden spoon or electric hand whisk, until the mixture is light, fluffy and drops off the spoon or mixer easily. Fold in the lemon zest.
- Divide mixture between the paper cases. Bake for 20 mins until cakes have risen and are golden. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- 3 When the cakes are cold, cut off tops and set aside. Beat together the mascarpone and 2 tablespoons of icing sugar. Put a teaspoon of the filling, plus a teaspoon of lemon curd, on each cake. Cut the tops in half and stick into the mixture. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 240(kcal)
- Fat 14.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.