Photography by Ian Wallace
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 75g unsalted butter, melted
- 4 gelatine leaves*
- Grated rind and juice of 1 orange
- 120g caster sugar
- 600ml thickened cream
- 500g thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tbs orange blossom water*
- 4 tbs honey
- 3 tbs unsalted, shelled pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
Line the base and sides of a 23cm springform cake pan with plastic wrap.
Finely crush biscuits in a food processor, then transfer to a bowl. Add butter and stir until combined. Press into the base of the cake pan and chill for 30 minutes.
Soak gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes, then drain. Place orange juice and sugar in a saucepan, and stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
Squeeze gelatine leaves of excess water and add to pan. Remove from heat.
In a bowl, beat together cream and yoghurt, add orange juice mixture, rind and orange blossom water. Pour over base and chill overnight. To serve, place cheesecake on a platter, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with pistachios
Begin this recipe the day before.
* Gelatine leaves are from gourmet food stores.
* Orange blossom water is from gourmet and Middle Eastern shops.
delicious. - October 2004, Page 110
Recipe by Valli Little