Cuts into 10 slices
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins plus chilling
Can be frozen baked but undecorated
- 225g digestive biscuits
- 100g butter , melted
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 600g soft cheese
- 2 eggs , plus 2 yolks
- zest 3 lemons , juice of 1
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 175g caster sugar
For the Topping
- ½ a 284ml pot soured cream
- 3 tbsp lemon curd
- handful raspberries , to serve (optional)
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Line the bottom of a 23cm springform tin with greaseproof paper. Tip the biscuits and melted butter into a food processor, then blitz to make fine crumbs. Press into the tin and chill.
- Whisk all the other ingredients in a large bowl until completely combined, pour into the tin, then bake for 35-40 mins until the cheesecake has a uniform wobble.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cake inside until cool. When it is completely cooled, remove from the tin and top with soured cream. Swirl lemon curd over the top and decorate with raspberries, if you like.
To turn this tasty dessert into an orange or lime-flavoured cake, simply swap the zest and juice of lemon to that of your chosen citrus fruit.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, March 2009.