Prep time: 20 mins
- 1 shop-bought round 20cm (8in) chocolate cake
- 1 pot chocolate spread
- 300g (10½ oz) chocolate butter cream (from supermarkets)
- 23cm (9in) cake board
- 15-20 chocolate flakes (2 packets)
- 100g (3½ oz) good-quality white chocolate, broken into pieces
- Edible red food colouring
- Sparkler, to serve
- Cut the chocolate cake in half horizontally, spread with a layer of chocolate spread, then sandwich back together.
- Carefully cut the cake to make a cone, sticking the pieces together with some of the butter cream. Place the cake on the cake board and cover the whole cake with the remainder of the butter cream and surround with chocolate flakes.
- Melt the white chocolate in a pan, then drop blobs on to a piece of greaseproof paper and spread to make flame shapes. With a small brush, add the red food colouring to bring your flames to life. Arrange the flames in the bonfire and add a sparkler just before serving.