Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr 15 mins (may need an extra 15 mins)
Total time: 1 hr 40 mins
For the cake
- 300g (10½ oz) butter
- 300g (10½ oz) caster sugar
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 350g (12oz) plain flour, sifted
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- 3tbsp orange juice
For the coating
- 100ml (3½ fl oz) double cream
- 225g (8oz) good quality white chocolate, chopped
- Crystallised rose petals
- Pink macaroons
- Handful fresh raspberries
- Handful fresh strawberries, halved
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F, gas mark 4) . Grease and line a 20cm (8in) cake tin. Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Gradually add the eggs, beating well between each addition. Fold in the flour, baking powder, orange rind and juice. Transfer the mixture to the prepared cake tin.
- Bake in the oven for 75-90 mins, or until golden brown and springy. Leave to cool in the tin for about 5 mins before turning on to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- For the coating, heat the cream in a saucepan (but do not boil) and pour over the white chocolate. Mix it gently with a wooden spoon until smooth and glossy. Pour over the cake, and spread on the top and sides with a palette knife.
- Transfer to a serving plate and put in the fridge to set for 15 mins.
- Decorate with the rose petals, macaroons and fruit just before serving.
Nutritional informationGuideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.
====> LET'S DO IT...^^ <====