Photo: Charles Schiller
12 whole graham crackers
(2 squares each)
5 Tbsp butter, softened
1⁄4 cup sugar
2 containers (14 to 16 oz) vanilla–chocolate chip ice cream
11⁄4 cups hot-fudge sauce ice cream topping
2 containers (14 to 16 oz) chocolate–chocolate chip ice cream
1 cup marshmallow cream (such as Marshmallow Fluff or Creme)
Garnish: chocolate pieces
Recipe Preparation1. Evenly coat a 9-in. pie plate with nonstick spray.
2. Crust: Pulse crackers in food processor until fine crumbs form. Add butter and sugar; pulse until crumbs are moistened. Press firmly over bottom and up sides of pie plate. Freeze 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place a container of vanilla–chocolate chip ice cream in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to slightly soften. Pack into crust with an ice cream spade or large spoon; spread evenly. Freeze 15 minutes or until firm.
4. Put 2 Tbsp hot-fudge sauce into a small ziptop freezer bag; reserve for top. Put remaining fudge sauce into another small ziptop bag. Snip tip off corner of bag, pipe sauce in an even layer over ice cream and freeze. Slightly soften remaining vanilla–chocolate chip ice cream in refrigerator as above. Pack a second layer of the ice cream over fudge sauce; freeze 30 minutes or until firm.
5. Top pie with medium-size scoops of chocolate–chocolate chip ice cream. Freeze pie at least 2 hours, or wrap airtight and freeze up to 2 weeks.
6. To serve: Place marshmallow cream in a ziptop bag, snip tip off corner of bag and pipe cream around scoops. Snip tip off bag containing fudge sauce and pipe on top. Garnish with chocolate pieces.
Variation: In Step 5, instead of topping whole pie with scoops of chocolate–chocolate chip ice cream, cut pie in serving-size wedges. Heat remaining 2 Tbsp fudge sauce just until thin enough to drizzle. Spread the top of each wedge with about 1⁄3 cup marshmallow cream. Drizzle with fudge sauce. Garnish with chocolate pieces.
Per serving: 549 cal, 6 g pro, 76 g car, 1 g fiber, 24 g fat (13 g sat fat), 91 mg chol, 329 mg sod